Not to break the thread here - the lovely lit/viz specific examples - I
still must announce that the two baby hummingbirds nested in the peppertree
branch below my front window are so large that mama hummingbird can no
longer sit on the nest, in fact, to feed them, she has to stand on the edge
to lean over and poke her beak into their up-pointed, now much wider spread
open beaks (their gums a deep cantaloupe orange), and, further more, yet
unnamable predator birds are diving around the branches and hovering and
mama must rise and put on a wing flapping show to scare them off.
Meanwhile, for the last several days, we been getting one hailstorm after
another. Must be something to be a baby and have your head beat over the
head with cold hailstones!

Stephen V
http://stephenvincent.net/blog/