At 21:07 06/03/06, John Mason wrote:
>But, wouldn't it make a fantastic project to digitise the lot and stick it
>into a searchable Web Database??

John,

I'm afraid we're going over old ground here. The
potential and the means were identified by a
consortium of mining history interests, including
the Mining Heritage Trust of Ireland, the two
Welsh mining groups and the National Library of
Wales, but finding the €300,000 to carry out the
project was not possible using European Union
sources. Perhaps the Heritage Lottery Fund might
be a partial source but we would need to find substantial sums elsewhere.

Peter

Dr Peter Claughton,
Blaenpant Morfil, nr. Rosebush, Clynderwen, Pembrokeshire, Wales  SA66 7RE.
Tel. +44 (0)1437 532578; Fax. +44 (0)1437 532921; Mobile +44 (0)7831 427599

Hon. University Fellow,
School of Humanities and Social Sciences (Centre
for South Western Historical Studies),
University of Exeter
E-mail:  [log in to unmask]

Co-owner - mining-history e-mail discussion list.
See http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/files/mining-history/  for details.

Mining History Pages - http://www.exeter.ac.uk/~pfclaugh/mhinf/