Regarding commemorative books, they were absolutely in use many places. Typologie des sources du moyen âge occidental fasc. 4 covers all the different types of record-keeping of this sort. The author is N. Huyghebaert and the title is: Les Documents Nécrologiques.

Julian

--
Julian Hendrix
King's College