I'm not quite sure either, Bob. I thought the question was about Latin
versifications of the book of Kings. And I found one. Or was it about one
particular B.N. manuscript? Or about the manuscript tradition of the book of
Kings (and/or Maccabees?) ?

Frans van Liere
Department of History, Calvin College
1845 Knollcrest Circle SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49546-4402
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
http://www.calvin.edu/academic/history/faculty/vanlieref/
>>> [log in to unmask] 03/23/06 9:00 PM >>>

I'm a bit lost with the directions this question is taking. What does Maccabees

have to do with it? I don't find anything in the Goettingen edition of the
Greek
of 1 Maccabees that seems at all relevant, although some Latin MSS are listed.

Bob

> I have looked in my materials on Samuel and Kings, and the only versification
of
Kings that I found is by Hildebert Venerabilis (s. xii, *1132), Carmen in
Libros
Regum, PL 171, 1230-1264. I'm not sure, from the very summary description,
whether
this is what you're looking for. Un eveque de ... ?? I guess that's the
question!

> Frans van Liere
> Department of History, Calvin College
> 1845 Knollcrest Circle SE
> Grand Rapids, MI 49546-4402
> e-mail: [log in to unmask]
> http://www.calvin.edu/academic/history/faculty/vanlieref/

> > "...les livres des rois mis en vers latins et dediee a un eveque de...."
> and, i meant to ask the list if anyone knows of a very thorough study of the
> manuscripts of the book of Kings/Maccabees which might mention this obscure
> manuscript?

> to: [log in to unmask]
> to: [log in to unmask]

to: [log in to unmask]