  From: Franks, Wendy - Clinical Psychologist
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Monday, February 20, 2006 11:48 AM
  Subject: Re: [COMMUNITYPSYCHUK] On the subject of conferences...

  Hello again all.

  We had another meeting on Friday to think more about the conference, and get some of the planning done.
  We're discovering how much planning there is to do... it seems like we keep coming up with more and more that needs to get sorted out!

  We're at a point where we'd like some more feedback from the list, regarding the theme and call for presentations. The attached flyer is very preliminary, and there are elements that we'll probably still change - eg: the dates if we confirm that it's for 2 instead of 3 days (then it would probably be Thurs/Fri 21-22 Sept). We're also still confirming admin support, so the contact person still needs to be confirmed, and therefore we'd ask you not to circulate this draft beyond the main list, or contact Jodie directly just yet. The deadline for proposals may also have to change, but hopefully not by too much, as we want to give people as much time as possible to develop their ideas.

  On dates - we've tried to balance needs of different groups and the various competing events. The organising group (although not my personal preference) is suggesting a 2 day rather than 3 day event, and to build in the action into the 2 days. We were thinking of having it as a shorter, dedicated session at the end of each day, to capitalise on the ideas and momentum generated during the day. I know there have been mixed views on the number of days, but most of the organising group were convinced that a 3 day event would be more difficult for busy people to prioritise. So please do let me know if there are any strong objections to a 2 rather than 3 day event with action built in.

  At this point we are also looking for volunteers to review submissions with a fairly short turn around in May/June. Please get in touch with me if you would be prepared to help us out with this!

  Please do let us know your thoughts on the flyer/content/dates etc.

  Best wishes,

  Wendy