I don't have "Liber Israfel" at hand, but I can tell you that
Taphthartharath is one of several spirits whose names and signs are
structured into the magic squares in Cornelius Agrippa, book 2. I do not
know of any prior reference to this spirit, whose name is gibberish, so
I rather doubt it has an Egyptian origin. GD members could have
encountered this figure in Agrippa, but also in Francis Barrett's _The
Magus; or, Celestial Intelligencer_ (1801), which includes at least some
material borrowed from Trithemius as well. So I would suggest looking in
Barrett for sources.

Chris Lehrich

--
Christopher I. Lehrich