There was a 'classic' anthropological paper by - as I recall - George
Gmelch, on 'Baseball Magic', that looked into many dimensions of
this, foregrounding the uncertainty issues, which had been at that
time very well debated and indicated within anthropological theory of
the era. Is this what is being drawn on here?

Jenny

--
Dr J. Blain  [log in to unmask]   [log in to unmask]
Programme Leader, MA Social Science Research Methods

home address: 18 Lemont Road, Sheffield S17 4HA
0114 262 1342              07919 556371