> Wheras I am ever eager to learn new stuff, I was keener to
> get stimulator controlled femoral block embedded. I have just
> got my first two boxes of needles!

On a little technical point, a nerve stimulator is for checking adequacy or
neuromuscular block. I think it's a nerve locator that you're looking for.
Using ultrasound guidance to put in the block has the advantage of being
cheaper (in terms of disposables or if you've already got a machine with a
linear array probe), causing less discomfort to the patient and ensuring
that you get the local all around the nerve.

Matt Dunn
Warwick

This email has been scanned for viruses by NAI AVD however we are unable to
accept responsibility for any damage caused by the contents.
The opinions expressed in this email represent the views of the sender, not
South Warwickshire General Hospitals NHS Trust unless explicitly stated.
The information contained in this email may be subject to public disclosure
under the NHS Code of Openness or the Freedom of Information Act 2000.
Unless the information is legally exempt from disclosure, the
confidentiality of this e-mail and your reply cannot be guaranteed.