Dear colleagues Please find attached our pamphlet for the DTI Employment Relations lunchtime seminar series to be held in London over the next three months. All seminars are free and open to the public. In this series of 8 seminars we are presenting new research findings on the state of employment relations in Britain, drawing both on externally commissioned surveys and work done in-house by the economists, statisticians and social researchers in DTI’s Employment Market Analysis and Research (EMAR) team. The first seminar will be held this Thursday 9 March 2006 at 12.30pm sharp: HOW ENTRENCHED IS AGEISM AT WORK? Findings from the Survey of Age-Related Practices and Policies Speaker: Hilary Metcalfe, National Institute of Economic and Social Research Venue: DTI Conference Centre, 1 Victoria Street, London SW1H OET The second seminar is on Tuesday 14 March 2006. THE STATE OF THE UNIONS: Launch of the Trade Union Membership 2005 National Statistic Speaker: Heidi Grainger, Department of Trade and Industry Details of the other six seminars can be found in the attached pamphlet. Copies of presentations will be posted online soon after each event at: http://www.dti.gov.uk/er/emar/events.htm Copies of the relevant research report will be available at the seminars. They can also be downloaded free from: http://www.dti.gov.uk/er/inform.htm soon afterwards. Please feel free to forward this email on to colleagues and anyone else who might be interested in attending. If you wish to attend any of these seminars please register by email, as outlined in the attached pamphlet. I look forward to seeing you there. Grant Fitzner Director, Employment Market Analysis and Research Department of Trade and Industry Bay 4101, 1 Victoria Street London SW1H 0ET Direct line: 020 7215 5784 Email: [log in to unmask]