Thanks for the advice Laurence - much appreciated.
Donna
-----Original Message-----
From: Virtual Learning Environments [mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Laurence Fouweather
Sent: 17 February 2006 13:57
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [VLES] Transition from Blackboard to Moodle

Hi Donna - have just been experimenting with BB to Moodle content conversion  and would want to sound a note of caution - although it is claimed in various places that you can import BB courses (in BB Export format) to Moodle - I was not able to make it work ( I was trying to move text content pages from BB6 to Moodle 1.5 - which is about as basic as it comes!). If you look on the Moodle discussion forums you will find some information about BB5.5 to Moodle 1.4 conversions. I should add I also tried a couple of other utilities which claimed to do the same thing but with no success. I'm not sure what else might be being developed.

There is also another issue which is to do with mapping the BB6 course to Moodle's course structure - needs a lot of thought and understanding by the lecturer/course designer.

Good luck

Laurence