No problem Rowdy.  I will be keeping an eye on the “reality” show (although the other eye may well be sleeping!!), partly because in my experience those who have gone through this type of heavily sedated detox have really struggled in dealing with the psychological withdrawals that happen long after the 5 day physical withdrawal.

I would like to know more about the approach because the clients I have dealt with in TCs who have undergone this approach have dropped out very quickly.  It strikes me that because the folk are so heavily sedated during the physical withdrawals that once they leave the detox the psychological withdrawals hit them like a steam train!!  I have also seen how the expectation of clients going through it is that after 5 days they will be fully detoxed – however, as I am indicating, this is only the first part of the detox in my mind (and in theirs!!!!).

Has anyone else experience of this approach and any thoughts on progress post-detox (particularly in TC settings)?

Kind Regards,

Andy Perkins

Director

QTC Solutions Ltd

“Quality Training & Consultancy for the Voluntary Sector”

+  22 Hawthorn Grove, Baldovie, Broughty Ferry, Dundee, DD5 3NA

) + 6  01382 350233

m-)  07795 172603

e-+  [log in to unmask]