The point which I made was not about a book. It was about the reality that
this list was constructed for staff, community members, and associates, of
bona fide therapeutic communities, members of EFTC and as was also
previously clearly stated earlier. People who are involved in associated
research, training and so forth, as Rowdy said earlier, it is not the
purpose of this discussion list to provide a forum for any new variation, or
"shop front," of Narconon, Crimon or anything like that, members of those
organisations can talk elsewhere.

There are other lists who may well want to use their time and space, for
this type of discussion, and those who want to, should go to them.

For my part to answer the question about "why not Scientologists", one
difference is that they are not bona fide therapeutic communities, and
therapeutic communities put the community practice first, and each
individuals personal belief is a separate and private issue.

I actually have direct experience of these folks, trying to "flog" the idea
to me, it was not just about buying a book, after some 30 yrs, plus in this
business, I think I know the difference. I find those kinds of remarks,
offensive.

I have arranged to speak with representatives from Indonesia, when I attend
various meetings in the states, later this year. I have no doubt that they
will provide clear information, from the "front line" over there. Maybe you
should attend the same meetings and find out for yourself? You will have to
travel at your own expense, like me.(Do not expect to be collected by a limo
or armed guard.)

One goal for this discussion list has been to develop a feeling of mutual
understanding and respect, where therapeutic communities, like mine, and the
one where you work, would feel safe enough and confident in the moderators
of the site, to allow community members to use the online discussion and
chat room, in a safe and responsible way.

I'm afraid this dynamic may well make that difficult, before you say it; I
can add that some of my members have been through the scientology
approaches.

Could the site moderators, please stop copies of this topic being sent to
me? It's a waste of my time, and I choose not to participate.

Thanks.

Anthony Slater

  _____