-----Original Message-----
From: Poetryetc provides a venue for a dialogue relating to poetry and
poetics [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Halvard Johnson
Sent: 15 February 2006 14:41
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Snap: What I Hate (about Harry Whittington)

What I Hate

about Harry Whittington is that by putting himself into
Vice President Dick Cheney's line of fire, he has distracted
many of us from the Winter Olympics, which, in turn, have
distracted us from the Global War on Terror and the shameful
response of the Bush Administration to Katrina, both of which
themselves distracted us from our losing war efforts in Iraq,
which have had the effect of distracting us from our pain over
the 9/11 attacks, which (thank God, some would say) distracted us
from the collapse of Enron, the possible (no, probable) involvement
in that (not to mention the betrayal of Joe Wilson's wife) of the
Bush/Cheney
Administration, which we, distracted by porn, pro football, baseball,
basketball and pay-per-view TV, allowed to come into power
by not voting in sufficient numbers to soundly defeat them
or coming to grips with what really concerns us,
whatever that happens to be.

Hal, NYC, 2/15/06

Halvard Johnson
http://home.earthlink.net/~halvard