Mark Weiss wrote:

> About 15 years ago I tried to get the rights to the complete works of
> Percy Dovetonsils. Would have made a nice little book. The Kovacs
> estate wasn't interested.
>
> There's an alternate image of the poet as rake, going back at least to
> the Restoration, and passing down through Byron to Dylan Thomas and
> beyond.

I'm getting this picture...Dovetonsils and John Wilmot, 2nd Earl of
Rochester, having a drink or two or three in some upscale London saloon,
each trying to figure out what the other one is talking about.

> And of course there's the vatic nonsense that becomes a slow fart with
> Bly.

Add Bly to that jolly drinking party and what do you have?....

Ken
(no, NOT Ken, I was only playing guitar over in the corner)

Kenneth Wolman   www.kenwolman.com   rainermaria.typepad.com
"This is the best of all possible worlds only because it is the only
            one that showed up, said father." -- Russell Edson