Dave,

I was just gobsmacked that someone would do something like that.

As you know, I'm a dreaded 'yartz bureaucrat' and I don't pretend us
lot are perfect in any way - and I can tell stories from all angles,
being also a poet, if you get my drift - but this lot sound like a
disgrace in any sense of the word.

Best,
Jill

On Wednesday, February 1, 2006, at 09:35  AM, David Bircumshaw wrote:

> Yeah, Jill, well ....
>
> I know that sometimes people on lists feel that I'm a bit over the
> top, I'm
> sure I can be, but the background to it is the cultural or
> anti-cultural
> actuality of the world I live in. Don't imagine that I'm unique in that
> suffereing, but maybe I feel it more than most. What rubs the wound
> is/are
> the pretensions of the society that surrounds me, oh yeah they are all
> for
> poetry, as long as anybody doesn't write any ....
>
> (that is to say, doesn't write any real poetry, crap pseudo-poetry is
> ok)

Jill Jones

Latest books:
Broken/Open. Available from Salt Publishing
http://www.saltpublishing.com/books/smp/1844710416.htm

Where the Sea Burns. Wagtail Series. Picaro Press
PO Box 853, Warners Bay, NSW, 2282. [log in to unmask]

Struggle and radiance: ten commentaries (Wild Honey Press)
http://www.wildhoneypress.com

web site: http://homepages.ihug.com.au/~jpjones
blog1:  Ruby Street http://rubystreet.blogspot.com/
blog2:  Latitudes  http://itudes.blogspot.com/