From: Forum for Media Librarians and Information Professionals [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Sarah Robinson
Sent: 27 February 2006 09:20
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Can anyone help me with this query from a student ...

Hi Matt,

I quizzed my dad about this one - he has a large collection of books on films and also classical music- these being his two main interests.

He has come up with a few titles which provide some information about music in silent films, I can't say how useful they will be as I have not actually seen the books.

Brownlow, Kevin - The Parade's gone by.  Columbus,  1968 page 337

London, Kurt - Film Music 1936

Chanan, Michael - The dream that kicks.  Routledge,  1980 page 309- 318

Manveu, Roger - The film and the public.  Penguin,  1955 page 50- 53

Abel, Richard (ed) - Silent film.  Athlone, 1996 page 31 (more on set scores)

hope this might be of help,

Sarah Robinson
Assistant Librarian

Suffolk College Library