From: Forum for Media Librarians and Information Professionals [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Leo clarey
Sent: 06 February 2006 11:23
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Transferring VHS tapes to DVD

Dear Charlotte,
It's good to know that someone else is considering converting their VHS holdings to DVD.  We have only just had an aerial installed here at Chelsea College of Art & Design.  Our first priority will be to start recording off-air on to DVD, when we have bought the equipment; and then in the medium term I am aiming to convert VHS recordings on to DVD.  I had not envisgaed using any outside companies to accomplish this - at present, anyway.  It's all thoughts at the moment Charlotte.  I wish I had some practical experience to share with you.  I hope this helps a little.

Best wishes,

Leo Clarey
Assistant Reader Services Librarian
Chelsea College of Art & Design Library
16 John Islip Street
Pimlico
London
SW1P 4JU

Tel. 020 7514 7840

http://www.arts.ac.uk/library

Charlotte Wilmot wrote:

Dear all,

I am considering transferring the current library VHS off-air recordings over to DVD. I wonder if anyone has done this yet and if you have which companies you have used/ investigated. I realise that in a couple of years we may well want to migrate over to server storage but at the moment I am just considering the options.

Thanks,

Charlotte Wilmot