Hi Charlotte,

We have been copying VHS to DVD for the past 12 months or so. We do it
in house but only copy tapes to DVD on request. To make a mass transfer
would cost a fortune and many of the tapes we have will be shown on TV
again. Its worth waiting as the quality from the broadcast will be far
better than the copy from VHS. We use a couple of Panasonic DMR-E75
DVD/VHS recorders but there are lots of makes on the market.

Hope this helps

Peter Glasgow
Technical Manager
University of Edinburgh

Quoting Charlotte Wilmot <[log in to unmask]>:

> Dear all,
>

> I am considering transferring the current library VHS off-air recordings
> over to DVD. I wonder if anyone has done this yet and if you have which
> companies you have used/ investigated. I realise that in a couple of
> years we may well want to migrate over to server storage but at the
> moment I am just considering the options.
>

> Thanks,
>

> Charlotte Wilmot
>
> Subject Librarian
>
> Arts Institute at Bournemouth