Hmmm, we've had Analysis running on Fedora Core 3 and 4 without problems.
Having said that, we recently had exactly that message when updating some
machine because we had not done a "make clean" before re-compiling (so
the C structures were out of step with each other, so garbage was getting
through).  But I imagine that is not your problem since you moved from a
Mac to a PC so I assume the latter installation was from scratch.

Another possibility is some "edge of the universe" problem.  In
ccpnmr1.0/c/memops/global/block_file.c in the function read_block_data()
you could add some debugging output and see if anything odd is happening.
So after the line

    offset = block_file->bytes_per_point*offset + block_file->header;

you could add (it will produce a lot of output):

    printf("offset = %ld\n", offset);
    for (i = 0; i < block_file->ndim; i++)
        printf(" %d: bs=%d, ps=%d, blk=%d\n", i, block_file->block_size[i],
                block_file->points[i], block_data->block->values[i]);

and see if there is anything odd.  (Re-compile in memops/c.)  The offset
should be less than the total size of the file (in bytes), and the block
(blk) values should be less than the number of points (ps) divided by the
block_size (bs), in each dimension.  (The bs and ps values should be
constant for each spectrum.)

Wayne