Cat,

There are no formal guidelines and I think that your reply was valuable and interesting - thanks for it. I think that caelum has a point that this is not a forum for discussion of intricacies of practice unless they impact on scholarly debates. Given that we have many non-practising academics on the list our primary focus needs to be academic, though it is bound to stray into practice at times - nothing wrong with that at all (again many of us bridge the academic/practitioner divide).

As a rough guide, if topics become questions of practice could we please take them offlist, otherwise it's not a problem.

Dave

Dave,

Thanks for clearing that up. I'm glad I haven't jumped on everyone's toes right from the start!
(BTW I was hoping my points did 'impact on scholarly debates'... guess not.)

Oh - and if anyone does want to chat about the practical aspects that came up in my earlier posts, please feel free to email me!

Cat