Mark Shekoyan <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
<>

My point being that there are ways to yoke research
and practice if done well. I think the Institute of
Noetic Sciences approach to PSI and ASC's is highly
relevant to the "academic study of magic."

- I'm not a scientist, but it seems to me from what I've read that even the best structured studies in the fields you mentioned are still not accepted by scientists overall. As an example, the effect of prayer on ill patients has been researched in some excellently prepared double-blind medical studies, but it's still not accepted by the overall medical community as a modality for healing.

Caelum