Interesting, what you say about TL's undamaged
reputation in USA, whereas in my (limited) experience
UK folklorists/anthropologists disapproved of her
being so tolerant towards the outlooks and practices
she described --- exactly the opposite reason to that
given by some participants in theis list! As a friend
of mine used to say, 'If you walk down the middle of
the road you're probably on the right track, but you
do get shot at from both sides.'

Jacqueline

--- Sabina Magliocco <[log in to unmask]>