Dear list members:

The American Anthropological Association will meet next November in San
Jose, California.  The subsection dedicated to the anthropological study
of religion, the Society for the Anthropology of Religion (SAR), is now
soliciting invited panels.  Some of the discussions we have been having
on this list lend themselves well to the creation of a panel.  If you
might be interested in participating in a panel on the anthropological
study of magic or a related topic, please check out the invitation
below, visit the AAA wesbiste at www.aaanet.org, and contact me off-list
at [log in to unmask]

Best,
Sabina

Sabina Magliocco

Dear SAR members,

This is a reminder for those of you who may be considering putting
together a panel for the annual meeting of the American Anthropological
Association that will be held in San Jose, California this year. So far
I have received only one proposal for an Invited Session.  If you are
planning a panel that intersects with the theme of this year's meeting
and which would likely be of interest to a larger audience, I strongly
encourage you to put it up for consideration as an SAR Invited Session.
The deadline for submitting panels for Invited Session status is fast
approaching: March 1st.  Those interested should send me the following
as soon as possible: a) the panel title and abstract; b) a list of
presenters, including paper titles and abstracts.  I know it seems far
too early to have to start planning for November, but it would be a
shame if our conversations on the topic of religion were not given the
visibility they clearly deserve at the upcoming meetings.

I look forward to hearing from you.
Best wishes,
Charles Hirschkind

Charles Hirschkind