NEW DOUBLE ISSUE OUT NOW!

'Doing Surveillance Studies': Methodology Issue
http://www.surveillance-and-society.org/doing.htm
Vol.3, No.2/3
edited by Kirstie Ball and Kevin Haggerty

Contents:
Kirstie Ball and Keving Haggerty - Editorial

Thomas Kemple and Laura Huey - Observing the Observers: Researching
Surveillance and Counter-Surveillance on 'Skid Row'

Kevin T. Walby - Institutional Ethnography and Surveillance Studies: an
Outline for Inquiry.

Kevin Heggerty and Amber Gazso - The Public Politics of Opinion Research on
Surveillance and Privacy.

Minas Samatas - Studying Surveillance in Greece: Methodological and Other
Problems Related to an Authoritarian Surveillance Culture.

Steve Wright - The ECHELON Trail: an Illegal Vision.

Anders Albrechtslund and Linsey Dubbeld - The Plays and Arts of
Surveillance: Studying Surveillance as Entertainment.

Peter Marks - Imagining Surveillance: Utopian Visions and Surveillance Studies.

Robert W. Sweeny - Para-sights: Multiplied Perspectives on Surveillance
Research in Art Educational Spaces.

Ela Beaumont - Using CCTV to Study Visitors in the New Art Galery, Walsall, UK.

Other stuff:

We are slowly getting back on track. The website is still wobbly, but this
issue should work ok...

The first issue of Volume 4 will be an Open Issue,  out in May.

The Surveillance and Violent Conflict Issue - now 4(2) -  should be out in
June this year. We can still take a couple more pieces if you are very quick...

More calls will be issued soon!

And there are some changes afoot that have been taking up a lot of our
time... Watch this space!

Dr David Murakami Wood
Managing Editor
Surveillance & Society