I received tis email, included below from PATRICIA HEWITT, HEALTH SECRETARY
today. What do you all think?

Yours

Colin.....

>From: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Reporting back on the 'Independence, Well-Being and Choice'
>consultation
>Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 18:20:31 +0000
>
>Dear Citizen
>
>Since you gave us your views as part of the 'Independence, Well-Being and
>Choice' consultation last Summer, I have been working on plans to further
>improve our health and social services. I wanted to write to everyone who
>contributed to report back on what action I am taking in response to what I
>have heard from you.
>
>Today I am publishing a White Paper 'Our health, our care, our say: a new
>direction for community services' as a joint White Paper in response to
>both 'Independence, Well-being and Choice' and the 'Your health, your care,
>your say' listening exercise on community health and social care services.
>This explains how we will improve health and social services, why the
>changes are necessary and how we will make sure they happen. My vision is
>for services which support people in their wish to live healthy and
>independent lives, services which are easy to use and services which
>deliver care designed around the needs and choices of the individual,
>wherever possible close to their home.
>
>You can find a summary of the plans I am publishing today on the DH website
>www.dh.gov.uk/ourhealthourcareoursay.   If you would like to read the full
>detailed document you can also find it there.  I hope that when you read
>the summary you will recognise many of the points made and feel, as I do,
>that your involvement has been worthwhile.
>
>Thank you again for taking part.
>
>Yours faithfully,
>

>PATRICIA HEWITT
>HEALTH SECRETARY

http://toolbar.msn.co.uk/

This Disability-Research Discussion list is managed by the Centre for Disability Studies at the University of Leeds (www.leeds.ac.uk/disability-studies). Enquiries about the list administratione should be sent to [log in to unmask]

Archives and tools are located at: