Thats great Pete :) .. For your information the townload I am in is
Mullaghboy, not too far from Newtowngore or Carrigallen.

Ive got the Discovery series map 27A which includes my house but it
doesn't mention any wells in the area. The land registry map however
does mention the well in its exact location.

If you could check your books for any reference to wells in this area
whether holy or not it would be fantastic. Infact any reference to the
townland would very interesting :)

Thanks for the help,

Andy

--