-----Original Message-----
From: WATER TALK - the email discussion list for springs and spas
enthusiasts [mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of James
Rattue
Sent: 19 January 2006 22:34
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Orthodox Epiphany

I was recently told by a friend who'd just returned from Ethiopia doing VSO
that the Epiphany seems to be the great Church festival there, certainly
overshadowing Christmas, though not Easter, surely? There are huge
pilgrimages to important church sites such as Lalibela (not sure of the
spelling without looking it up), bathing in wells or tanks, aspersing with
buckets of holy water and so on - so not so different from the Church in
Russia (though the Ethiopian Copts have always been a bit odd in their
observances).

James