Andy at [log in to unmask] writes:

<< how I might find some more information about it I'd be very grateful
indeed. >>

Andy,

In addition to the www.slaine.ie website, the Archaeological Inventory of
County Leitrim lists 24 Holy Wells, and the Ordnance Survey letters of 1836
mentions various wells - Holy and "once-Holy" - in various parishes throughout the
county.  I have both books, and if we knew your townland, I might be able to
find a reference to your well.  Most of the Slaine references are based on
Discovery-series maps but, at least for Co. Leitrim, they don't include wells on
Disc. map 16 for the county.  But, of course, we don't know which Discovery map
would cover the location of your house, anyway.  A townland name would help.

Pete Schermerhorn, in the glorious Berkshire hills of western Massachusetts