On Tue, 24 Jan 2006, Brad Cavanagh wrote:

> Would it be possible for GAIA to give you some sort of "you can't do this
> with cubes" box if someone tries to do object detection through GAIA while
> looking at a cube? As it is now, GAIA gives a horrible segmentation fault and
> crashes out. If you want a cube to play with there's one at
> http://www.jach.hawaii.edu/~bradc/starlink/a20060119_00005_00_01.sdf

Hi Brad,

the GAIA + EXTRACTOR combination should now work on cube slices.

I've changed EXTRACTOR to ignore insignificant dimensions and accept
multidimensional NDF sections, provided they are really an image, and as a
bonus finally fixed it to work with the native data type of an NDF
(previously it always mapped the NDF as _REAL).

For GAIA + all toolboxes on cube slices to work looks like some more
effort (AUTOPHOTOM doesn't like those and neither does ARDMASK), got any
others that you like to work?

Cheers,

Peter.