*Detail* matters; it's where the devil is.

Publishers' responsibilities are one thing, but a reading public able
to resist the lure of a cliche would surely help as well. You look at
the covers of those books, the marketing, and it's kind of immediately
obvious what the market is, who's going to be into that stuff. Nothing
that *panders* in that way can ever be authentic, irrespective of the
author's identitarian credentials.

Dominic