One near Reference I found:

Excerpta CLCLT-5 - Library of Latin Texts, Turnhout, Brepols
Publishers, 2002 - Inquisitio in uol. I, II et III
<<< SENTENTIAE - INQUISITIO IN UOL. 2 >>>
<<< 1 >>>
Gregorius Magnus - Moralia in Iob
Cl. 1708, SL 143B, lib. : 35, par. : 16, linea : 100  [*]
  Rursum quia asinorum nomine stultitia gentilium designatur propheta
testatur,
dicens: beati qui seminatis super omnes aquas, immittentes pedem
bouis et
asini.

Yours
Karl Brunner, Vienna
Am 25. Jän.2006 um 17:52 Uhr schrieb gerbert:

> medieval-religion: Scholarly discussions of medieval religion and
> culture
>
> Dear Listmembers,
>
> I am having difficulty identifying the source of a Latin sentence
> and wonder
> if anyone might be able to help me. The sentence is from a 13th
> century MS
> written in England:
>
> Dicunt etiam de eo, quod adeo stolidum animal sit, ut nec in magna
> siti
> aquam credat, nisi eam prius pede praetentauerit.
>
> It said of the wild ass that it is so stupid that even under strong
> thirst
> does not believe in water before it touches it with its leg.
>
> I would be grateful for any ideas or suggestions!
>
> Ilya

> to: [log in to unmask]
> to: [log in to unmask]

to: [log in to unmask]