Grand Rapids, MI 49546-4402
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
http://www.calvin.edu/academic/history/faculty/vanlieref/

From: "Ferzoco, G.P." <[log in to unmask]>

> check a searchable e-facsimile of the Utrecht Psalter (needs Microsoft
Explorer to work; even so, I am having some difficulties with it, but what the
hey ...) -

> http://psalter.library.uu.nl/

many thanks for the headsup, George.

wow! the complete text of the Psalter, in Dutch.

not an easy thing to find, and so handy, as well.

also, check out the illumination on fol. 6v, which has the famous drawing of
the Christ-Logos stepping *out* of his mandorla, giving the lie to the
misconception that a "mandorla" is generated from and around the body of a
sacred figure and demonstrating that it is, rather, some kind of "gateway"
between two planes of existence :

http://psalter.library.uu.nl/polygon.asp?empty=1&type=r&cord=190,160,460,340&zoom=1

(the image is enlargable --click on the "expand" logo in the lower right
corner after it completely loads on your machine)

for the more mundanely-minded on the list, there is one of the earliest
representations of a crank, turning a grindstone, on fol. 35v:

http://psalter.library.uu.nl/polygon.asp?empty=1&type=r&cord=470,615,580,680&zoom=1

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]

to: [log in to unmask]