At 10:39 11/01/2006, rrankin wrote:
Thanks to those who responded to my previous message.

Which has now raised another question.

For the open source systems mentioned (Dspace, Fedora, ePrints ...) are there any third party
developers who would assist in developing and training our staff for the first collection and leave
us self sufficient to develop others on our own?

Ricky

Ricky,           Sorry, me again! This is an area of increasing activity. Briefly, you will find paid-for services supporting the use of open source IR software, including:

EPrints Services http://www.eprints.org/services/
of which the EPrints Community initiative is one element
This service also offers training. The next course is next week (18-20 Jan)
http://www.eprints.org/services/training/

A range of services is provided by BioMed Central's Open Repository, based on DSpace software, and although Proquest's Digital Commons is not open source it can be purchased with a support package.

Steve Hitchcock
EPrints Community Manager
IAM Group, School of Electronics and Computer Science
University of Southampton, SO17 1BJ, UK
Email: [log in to unmask]
Tel: +44 (0)23 8059 3256    Fax: +44 (0)23 8059 2865
http://www.eprints.org/community/