From: PAGE, Robin
Sent: 30 January 2006 14:52
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: WWII aircraft crash sites (was New listings of WW1 and WW2 airfield buildings)

Dear List members

Further to my recent posting forwarded to the list about military aviation data in the National Monuments Record, I have to own up to a statistical error in my aside about the military aircraft crash sites we have recorded. The actual current figure should have been over 1,970 records not 19,700 which was a typographical error of mine. The current total thus represents about a fifth of the estimated total of some 10,000 aircraft lost over this country in WWII. I hope list members will accept my apologies for that mistake.

Kind regards

Robin Page

Robin Page

English Heritage