Dear all,

I should like to draw your attention to our research seminar programme in semester two of this academic year. Unless otherwise specified, the seminars take place on Thursday afternoons, from 4 to 5pm. All welcome! And apologies for cross-posting.

Beate Müller

Head of German
School of Modern Languages
University of Newcastle
Newcastle upon Tyne  NE1 7RU
Tel.: +44/(0)191/2227512

GERMAN RESEARCH SEMINAR SERIES

PROGRAMME FOR SEMESTER TWO (2005/06)

16 February
Professor Elizabeth Boa (University of Nottingham):
 Sex, Lies and Videotapes: telling it how it wasn't in Monika Maron's Stille Zeile sechs, Brussig's Helden wie wir, and Goodbye Lenin

16 March
Professor Ian Wallace (University of Bath)
'Pour la liberté': Anti-Nazi Writers exiled in France in the 1930s

27 April
Dr Peter Barker (University of Reading)
'Wende ohne Ende': The unending story of German Unification (This talk will, amongst other things, address the itenerary poster exhibition on "Wir sind ein Volk", which will be on show in our department during the last week in April and the first week in May.)

Time: 4pm to 5pm
Venue: room 6.2 (top floor), Old Library Building, University of Newcastle University

ALL WELCOME!