Good morning all,

We've recently had a spate of heating oil tank leaks, where the spillage occurs on on property, but affects the neighbouring one. In the past we've dealt with this through negotiation, but have got a couple of cases on the go where the tank owner is not willing to undertake the necessary investigation/ works.

In the absence of evidence of harm, or of potential issues with water supply pipes, we are stuck as to how to progress these complaints. They've been added to our register of potentially contaminated sites, so might get investigated some time in the next 20 years or so, but there must be some other way of dealing with this.

Does anyone out there have a cunning plan to deal with cases like this? Any help would be appreciated.

Dale

NORTH KESTEVEN DISTRICT COUNCIL DISCLAIMER

The information contained in this e-mail along with
any attachments may be confidential, legally privileged
or otherwise protected from disclosure. It is intended
for the named individual(s) or entity who is/are the
only authorised recipient(s). This e-mail should not be
reproduced, disseminated, disclosed , modified or distributed
unless expressly authorised by the sender.

If this message has reached you in error please notify
the sender immediately and delete it without review.