>It's probably "Installation" or "Enthronement" that you should be looking
>for, rather than consecration.
>John Briggs

No, enthronement (or enthronization) takes place after consecration:

Enthronization

(From Greek ’enthronízein, to place on a throne).

This word has been employed in different meanings: (1) formerly, it meant
the solemn placing of the relics upon the altar of a church which was to be
consecrated, hence a newly consecrated church was called naos
enthroniasmenos (naňs ’enthroniasménos). (2) In the Middle Ages we find the
inthronizatio matrimonii, or enthronization of marriage, which was nothing
else than the blessing in the nuptial Mass (benedictio nuptiarum). (3) In
the East it was employed, but seldom, to denote the induction into a
parochial benefice. (4) It was used especially to designate the ceremony of
enthronization which accompanies the consecration of a bishop. After
receiving episcopal consecration, the newly consecrated bishop was solemnly
conducted to the episcopal throne, of which he took possession.
MG

>To join the list, send the message: join medieval-religion YOUR NAME
>to: [log in to unmask]
>To send a message to the list, address it to:
>To leave the list, send the message: leave medieval-religion
>to: [log in to unmask]
>In order to report problems or to contact the list's owners, write to:
>For further information, visit our web site:
>http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/medieval-religion.html

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]