From: Analysis of animal remains from archaeological sites [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Mark Beech
Sent: 16 May 2006 08:58
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ZOOARCH] Dugongs

Dear Zooarchs

I am compiling a review article on archaeological finds of dugong (Dugong dugon). The geographical region which concerns me is the Arabian Gulf, Red Sea and Western Indian Ocean region. Could anyone help with references? I am familiar with the majority of the Arabian Gulf zooarch literature, but I may be missing some Red Sea and Western Indian Ocean references.

Any suggestions will be gratefully received.

For those of you not familiar with this wonderful creature try visiting:

http://www.heartsong3.com/dugong_video.htm

or

http://www.unterwasser.de/videowettbewerb/Newsdetail/56eadbcd6441445ca62517d5d16d629e

(click on Dugong dance!)

to see nice film clips with music!

best wishes

Mark

Dr. Mark Beech
Head of Division – Cultural Landscapes

Abu Dhabi Authority for Culture and Heritage (ADACH)

Abu Dhabi
United Arab Emirates
Email: [log in to unmask]
Web: http://www-users.york.ac.uk/~mjb117/