Dear all, after various distractions I have a copy of both volumes ready.  The images are .tif files labelled as per plate numbers, oriented for screen viewing, printable up to at least A3.  I have obtained a permit to make 30 at a cost of 35 euros each, which I am supposed to pass to CNRS (who can't be bothered to reprint or even have a copy on file!).
Now the interesting bit - I never actually asked about the first volume! but it is also on the disk so there are 4 parts in total.  If anyone meets up with Richard Redding at Mexico then there is a possibility that  'Other sources are available'.  It rather depends on how paranoid you are about copyright etc

S.