From: Analysis of animal remains from archaeological sites on behalf of Jen Kitch
Sent: Tue 21/03/2006 08:29
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ZOOARCH] Egg shell

Dear All,

I have been asked for help from a colleague, which I am now forwarding on to you. I
hope you can answer better than I can!

We have recently block lifted two relatively complete egg shells from a Late 2nd- early
4th Century roman ditch. Now we are a bit puzzeled about what to do next.

Could anyone give me Ideas on what would be the best method to deal with the eggs
and what the likelihood is for being able to establish species? Are they better to be
retained relatively complete or is species identification something better achieved from
fragments?

Thanks in advance

Jen Kitch