Dear Marta,
we found a distal part of a camelid metapodial at Rome in the area of
Templum Pacis. This forum was constructed under Vespasian in 70 AD, but the
bone is dated to 420-600 AD (calibrated at 95,4%) or 430-540 AD (calibrated
at 68,2%) by radiocarbon analysis. The bone is worked: ancient people sawed
it and maybe used the diaphysis for making a tool.

These data will be published next spring on:

De Grossi Mazzorin J., in press, Camelli nell'antichità: le presenze in
Italia, LXXX compleanno di A. Riedel, Preistoria Alpina,

De Grossi Mazzorin J., Minniti C., Rea R., in press, De ossibus in
anphitheatro Flavio effossis: 110 anni dopo i rinvenimenti di Francesco
Luzj, in Atti del 4° Convegno Nazionale di Archeozoologia, Pordenone 13-15
novembre 2003, G. Malerba e P. Visentini (a cura di), Quaderni del Museo
Archeologico del Friuli Occidentale, 6.

If you want, we are very glad send a photo of this bone to you!

Sincerely,

Jacopo De Grossi Mazzorin, Claudia Minniti

Jacopo De Grossi Mazzorin

Claudia Minniti

Dip. Beni Culturali

Università di Lecce