From: Analysis of animal remains from archaeological sites on behalf of Emily Murray
Sent: Wed 27/09/2006 10:50
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ZOOARCH] Calcaneum/calcaneus and intrusive bones

Dear All

I have two queries:

The first is, is there any rule or preference for the use of calcaneum V calcaneus? Both versions appear in published zooarch reports.

The second question is what to do with bones of intrusive species in NISP tables? In Britain and Ireland these are typically rabbit bones and again there seems to be different approaches in the literature to including/excluding counts in tables.

Thanks in advance.

Emily

Dr Emily Murray

School of Geography, Archaeology and Palaeoecology (GAP),  Queen's University Belfast

Belfast BT7 1NN

Tel +44 028 9097 5282 [office] or 9097 3488 [bonelab]

Fax +44 028 9097 3897