Date:  Fri, 6 Oct 2006 11:49:19 +0100
From:  Umberto Albarella <[log in to unmask]>
To:  zooarch <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:  attachments to zooarch messages - a solution

Dear Zooarchers,

Thanks to our friends, and in particular Sarah Kansa, who manage the website
BoneCommons <http://www.alexandriaarchive.org/icaz/icazForum/index.php>, we
are now in a position to solve the problem of files attached to Zooarch
messages.

There is now an area of BoneCommons that is specifically dedicated to Zooarch
attachments located at
<http://www.alexandriaarchive.org/icaz/icazForum/viewforum.php?f=53&sid=87230335a98d2bf742b8a2c7f68803d7>
and this also provides information about how to post an attachment (click on
the 'how to' section).

At the moment in order to post attachments you need to REGISTER to the
BoneCommons forum
<http://www.alexandriaarchive.org/icaz/icazForum/profile.php?mode=register>,
but this can easily be done by emailing Sarah "Sarah E W Kansa"
<[log in to unmask]>. Soon it will probably be possible to register
directly.

Once your attachment has been posted you simply send your message to Zooarch
making reference to the file stored on BoneCommons (you will need to provide the
URL).

We very much hope that this new important feature of Zooarch will encourage
renewed discussion and exchange of information and solve once and for ever the
long standing problem we have had with attachments.

Cheers,
Jacqui and Umberto

Umberto Albarella
Department of Archaeology
University of Sheffield
Northgate House
West Street
Sheffield S1 4ET
United Kingdom
Telephone: (+) 44 (0) 114 22 22 943
Fax: (+) 44 (0) 114 27 22 563
http://www.shef.ac.uk/archaeology/staff/albarella.html

"There is no way to peace. Peace IS the way".