Hi,

Skull fragments of moorhen are also recorded from 11th-12th century contexts at
Castle Acre:

Lawrence P. 1982. Animal bone. 275-96. In: Coad J G. and Streeten A D F.
Excavations at Castle Acre Castle, Norfolk 1972-7, country house and castle of
the Earls of Surrey. Archaeological Journal 139. 275-297.

Cheers,

Tessa

--
Tessa Pirnie