Dear Ana,

The best person to contact in this regard would be Lee Lyman (U of Missouri-Columbia). He is currently working on the second edition of Vertebrate Taphonomy (see pages 234-275 in the first edition) for Cambridge University Press and has done such studies on deer, seals, and marmots. Lee is a great source and always helpful ([log in to unmask]).

Cheers,

Chris

Ana Belén Marín Arroyo wrote:

I am a spanish PhD student and  at the moment I am developing my thesis on the archaeozoological and taphonomical study of several paleolithic sites of the north of Spain. I am very interested in contacting with people who currently are working in bone density, since I would like to ask some questions about it.

Could you help me?

My best regards,

Ana

ANA BELÉN MARÍN ARROYO
Instituto Internacional de Investigaciones Prehistoricas de Cantabria (Unidad Asociada al CSIC)
Universidad de Cantabria
Edificio Interfacultativo
39005 SANTANDER

SPAIN

e-mail: [log in to unmask]

Dr. Christyann M. Darwent, Assistant Professor
Department of Anthropology & Graduate Group in Ecology
University of California, Davis, CA  95616-8522
ph. 530-752-1590, fax. 530-752-8885, msg. 530-752-0745

"There may be more than one way to skin a cat, but you only get one try per cat."