Hi all,

I am currently working on a multiphase site in cambridgshire, with prehistoric, Roman and Anglo Saxon activity on site.

I have come across a bone from the assemblage that has me quite stumped. I am having problems coming up with any ideas of what the bone might be, I was hoping that someone out there might have some good ideas. The bone is very porous and shows some signs of slight mineralisation.

The links below show the bone fragment at several different angles the scale in the picture is 5cm. (Copy and paste address into browser, if the hyperlink does not work).

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p243/jenfer_k/Image00015.jpg
http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p243/jenfer_k/Image00014.jpg
http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p243/jenfer_k/Image00013.jpg
http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p243/jenfer_k/Image00010.jpg

Any help or ideas would be greatfully received.

Thanks in advance

Jen Kitch
Jennifer Kitch
Osteoarchaeologist