Gareth,

I currently work as the Web Editor for the University of Limerick. I am responsible for the design/content/updating of the top level pages of the University website which use the corporate design.

Each Department and College is responsible for nominating their own Web Editor to maintain the content of their own subsite. Initailly each subsite was supposed to follow the corporate look, however over the years some have moved away from the central design. Each section differs with regards to the budget and skills that they allocate to their subsite/web presence.

My role as Web Editor also involves the following:
	Create / update web policies for the University
	Advise Colleges & Depts on best practice, web design, writing for the web & web technologies [sometimes liasing with 	external web developers on behalf of University sections]
	Organise Frontpage training
	Answer daily queries which range from technical to advisory
	Help maintain unix web servers

I am currently working on the roll out of a campus wide Content Management System. Apart from its ease of use for busy Web Editors throughout the campus, we want this to create a more consistent look and feel across our overall web presence.

I hope this is of help.

rgds,
Tracey

Tracey McKillen