Hi

We are using Movabletype with a 10000 user licence.

Was a close run thing between this and Wordpress - Basically chose MT
because of the better administration features, however Wordpress has
since gone through a major overhaul, so may be just as feature friendly.

MT are shortly releasing Movable Type Enterprise which does much more
http://www.sixapart.com/business/movable-type/enterprise however
won't be cheap.

At the moment we are using the blogs for internal communications and
to advertise conferences as seems more suited to this purpose (in our
case anyway) than designing a website however will shortly deliver a
service similar to what Warwick have done.

thanks
dean