At 15:16 +0000 15/2/06, Paul Boag wrote:
>Hi all,
>I presume most of you have seen this already:
><http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/4715994.stm>http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/4715994.stm
>
>and was wondering what you thought about it. Do you think it is a
>temporarily blip? It feels like a symptom of a general shift in the
>sector. Anyway, it sparked some thoughts on my part about the way
>Universities promote themselves. If you are interested I have tried
>to outline them here:
><http://www.headscape.co.uk/view_article/5/184/sharp_fall_in_university_entries.html>http://www.headscape.co.uk/view_article/5/184/sharp_fall_in_university_entries.html

Call me cynical, but the 'sharp fall' of 3.7% or so followed the
'massive rise' last year of over 8% (who were applying early to avoid
the fees rise).

Huh? I really think it will take a couple of years to become obvious
what is the underlying trend.

Helen Varley Sargan
Information Provision & Webmaster
University Computing Service
New Museums Site                email [log in to unmask]
Pembroke St                        [log in to unmask]
Cambridge CB2 3QH               Phone 01223 334480