Greetings from New Zealand.

I'm doing some work for the Auckland Regional Transport Authority which
involves trying to get a handle on the benefits of having good passenger
feedback systems.

We all believe that if we reply to passenger complaints quickly and
efficiently and make sure that the complaint is addressed promptly the
complainant will be happy.  Conversely if this doesn't happen our valued
passenger may be a bit closer to switching to car.

Intuitively it would also seem that passengers would be "willing to pay" for
a good feedback system in the same way as they would for (say) good
information at the stop.

What I'm trying to find out is whether anyone has researched this in any
quantitative way and assigned values to my suppositions.

Any ideas gratefully received!

Thanks & best wishes - John

John Bolland Consulting

Tel /Fax (04) 232 6126  Mob 021 264 0941

PO Box 51058, Tawa, Wellington